Conflict can be the start of change and innovation.
Nine ideas to increase your success in dealing with conflict include:
- Conflicts need time to reach resolution.
- Take time to make decisions.
- Look for mutual interests or goals.
- Focus to the intension of the message; not the delivery
- Remain unemotional, fact focused, problem-solving.
- Confirm the points the other person shares.
- Check their understanding of your position by asking them to repeat what you’ve said.
- Ask them “What it would take to resolve the situation?”
- Generate multiple possible solutions.
Our conflict management training provides strategies and techniques to resolve conflict in everyday situations. Our conflicts resolution in a union environment workshop is specific designed for handling challenging union issues. Each training courses can be delivered at your location or in our location in Toronto.
Contact us today to find out how our training programs and workshops related to communications skills and leadership skills can help you build your professionalism.