Leadership – Problem-Solving Skills –
Use a problem-solving structure before you make a decision.
Seven ideas to increase your success in problem-solving include:
- State the issue in the form of a question.
- State the criteria for the solution– On what basis should you make the decision? What will the solution look like? What concerns will you have considered? What factors need to be addressed?
- Consider all of the possible causes of the problem.
- Generate many alternatives.
- Select the best alternatives using the solution criteria identified in step 2.
- After implementation.
- Follow-up to confirm the success of your problem-solving process.
Our Toronto leadership training workshops provides leadership strategies and techniques to shape your performance as a supervisor or team leader. The course will assist you to influence others.
Contact us today to find out how our Toronto based leadership skills training seminars and other communications skills supervisory skills courses can help you build your professionalism.