Resolving Conflict – Confronting In Difficult Situations –
Many people avoid conflict because it may result in a negative reaction.
By looking after your needs and expressing your concerns you impact on your own health and success.
Six ideas to increase your success in confronting in conflict situations include:
- Be clear on the behavior that needs to be changed or addressed.
- Describe the others person’s behavior that causes concern. Be specific and describe the actions, not the person’s motives or goals. .
- Ask for a specific change in their behavior. Present the need for change in positive manner; as a goal to be achieved in the future.
- Request one change at a time.
- Be clear about the specific action you want the person to stop or start to perform.
- Always be respectful of the other person’s needs.
Our conflict management workshop provides strategies and techniques to resolve conflict in everyday situations. Our conflicts resolution in a union environment workshop is specific designed for handling challenging union issues. Each training courses can be delivered at your location or in our location in Toronto.
Contact us today to find out how our training programs and workshops related to communications skills and leadership skills can help you build your professionalism.